English actor, Idris Elba, says he has tested positive for the Coronavirus.
“This morning I tested positive for COVID-19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus.
“Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I’m doing. No panic,” he said in a tweet on Monday.
The tweet accompanies a short video of the “The Wire” star with his wife, Sabrina.
He said she had not been tested for Coronavirus (COVID-19) yet, but “she’s doing OK”.
“Look, this is serious. Now is the time to really think about social distancing, washing your hands.
“Beyond that, there are people out there who aren’t showing symptoms and that can easily spread it. OK.
“So, now is a real time to be really vigilant about washing yougr hands and keeping your distance,” Elba said.
The 46-year-old actor went further to stress the need for transparency in the management of the coronavirus crisis, saying they had told their families and friends.
“Transparency is probably the best thing for this right now.
“If you’re feeling ill or you feel like you should be tested or you’ve been exposed — do something about it. It’s really important,” he said.
He also called for solidarity and empathy for those affected by the disease and their families.
“Look we’ve lived in a divided world right now. We can all feel it. It’s been bulls–t, but now is the time for solidarity.
“Now is the time for thinking about each other. There are so many people whose lives have been affected.
”From those who have lost people they loved to people that don’t even have it and have lost their livelihoods. This is real,” he added.
Promising to will keep his fans and social media followers posted on his condition, he urged all to stay positive and avoid panic.