Why we’re yet to invite Jonathan over arms scandal – EFCC

Why we’re yet to invite Jonathan over arms scandal – EFCC
January 11 23:39 2016

[T]he chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu on Monday said the commission had no evidence yet linking former President Goodluck Jonathan to the alleged diversion of $2.1 billion arms procurement funds.

Magu who spoke in an interactive session with online media owners in Lagos said no document had been traced to Jonathan giving any approval for the disbursement of the money for any other purpose than arms purchase.

He further noted that all those questioned so far in connection with the money were people who disbursed or collected it for reasons other than the purchase of arms for Nigerian soldiers fighting terrorists in the northeast.

“All approvals by former president Jonathan did not mention that it was for political purposes.

“All the memos approved by him was for the purchase of arms,” he said.